Commiforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arguements against the "human nature" arguement

+2
Remus Bleys
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Arguements against the "human nature" arguement Empty Arguements against the "human nature" arguement

Post by Admin Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:59 am

I thought it'd be useful if we had a thread we could refer to whenever we encounter that argument. So feel free to post any relevant content.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://commiforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Arguements against the "human nature" arguement Empty Re: Arguements against the "human nature" arguement

Post by Remus Bleys Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Communism is human nature.
Remus Bleys
Remus Bleys

Back to top Go down

Arguements against the "human nature" arguement Empty Re: Arguements against the "human nature" arguement

Post by tater Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 pm

I've always thought pointing to 'primitive communism' as a counter to human nature arguments was very weak. That particular 'stage' of history is pretty vague.
tater
tater

Back to top Go down

Post by tater Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

In most instances when "human nature" is appealed to, it's really supposed to be a conversation stopper. The implication being "Stop talking about this. Let's get back to reality", which is a very ideological stance itself, though people claim it's not.
tater
tater

Back to top Go down

Post by DDR Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:46 pm

tater wrote:I've always thought pointing to 'primitive communism' as a counter to human nature arguments was very weak. That particular 'stage' of history is pretty vague.

You could always use the San people, they're so friking communal that to make compliments is almost forbiden Razz
DDR
DDR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Intents Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd say a great argument against human nature is to point out that the definition has changed over a large period of time. Also human nature tends to be justification for the bullshit that we live under. I'd make a longer post, but I've gotta get ready for class

Sinister Intents

Back to top Go down

Post by madlogicbrah Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Humans have the ability to define what human nature is. So the concept that there is a particular nature to humans is self-refuting. This is probably not unique to humans either. Higher apes and both corvids & parrots can be said to have a certain degree of self-determination due to their ability to solve complex puzzles. These demonstrate both positional/temporal memory as well as problem solving ability. The appeal to nature is silly, considering that nature is constantly changing and adapting to new circumstances.

madlogicbrah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum